The Quick 10: the 10 Best Movie Quotes of All Time
There probably aren't many of us who can't quote entire scenes from Anchorman, Wayne's World or Austin Powers. I know it's hard to believe, but none of those movies made the American Film Institute's top 10 movie quotes of all time. Maybe when they update their list, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," will be replaced with "I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany." No?
The 10 Best Movie Quotes of All Time
1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Rhett Butler, played by Clark Gable, in Gone With the Wind.
2. "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." Vito Corleone, played by Marlon Brando, in the Godfather.
3. "You don't understand! I coulda had class! I coulda been a contender! I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." Terry Malloy, played by Marlon Brando, in On the Waterfront.
4. "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." Dorothy Gale, played by Judy Garland, in the Wizard of Oz.
5. "Here's looking at you, kid." Rick Blaine, played by Humphrey Bogart, in Casablanca.
6. "Go ahead. Make my day." Harry Callahan, played by Clint Eastwood, in Sudden Impact.
7. "Alright, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up." Norma Desmond, played by Gloria Swanson, in Sunset Boulevard.
8. "May the Force be with you." Han Solo, played by Harrison Ford, in Star Wars.
9. "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." Margo Channing, played by Bette Davis, in All About Eve.
10. "You talkin' to me?" Travis Bickle, played by Robert DeNiro, in Taxi Driver.
Agree? Disagree? What's your favorite movie quote?