The Quick 10: 10 Campaign Fashion Choices
With campaign attire in the spotlight, what apparel choices are candidates and their spouses making? Whether they buy the with their own money or campaign funds, here are some of the fashion trends among the political elite.
1. Kawasaki, the Japanese company that makes Sarah Palin's iconic eyeglasses, received as many orders in 10 days for the frame as it does in a year.
2. Minnesota's Pacificier baby boutique is also cashing in on the publicity about Trig Palin's romper.
4. Palin likes Patagonia outerwear, but the brand was quick to distance itself from the VP candidate.
"Just wearing the clothing of an environmental company does not necessarily make someone an environmentalist," said Patagonia rep Jen Rapp.
5. Daughter Piper Palin carries a Louis Vuitton purse, but it's a fake.
7. Cindy McCain favors U.S./Dominican Republic designer Oscar De La Renta, which she and Laura Bush both wore at the convention.
8. Barack Obama's preference for Hartmax suits was a boon to sales for the largest suit maker in the U.S.
10. Joe Biden always wears a flag pin and his trademark grin.