The Most Interesting Conversation You've Overheard
Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. I'm currently on paternity leave, so this week's questions come courtesy of our readers.
1. Suz gets us started today: What's the most interesting conversation you've overheard?
2. From EV: What childhood treasure did a family member/spouse accidentally lose/throw out?
3. What’s the weirdest thing your boss has asked you to do? (Asked by Jenn.)
4. Becky had an interesting question: Would your career change if you were the other gender? If yes, what do you think your career would be? (These were inspired by Family Feud: “We asked 100 men what career they would have if they were women.”)
5. How much money do you think Gilbert Gottfried has made in his career? (OK, stick with me. I received this question via email from reader Kevin about a year ago. At first I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever been asked. But ever since, I keep coming across Gottfried's work, and wondering how much he was compensated. Then I physically ran into him holding the Aflac duck on Wall Street before the Webby Awards, and I still wonder how much they had to pay him to carry around waterfowl. Anyone have a guess?)
[See all the previous Friday Happy Hour transcripts.]