If you thought the recent E. Coli spinach scare was terrifying, get a load of what a bowl of sea turtle can do to you. According to New Scientist magazine (easily my favorite science source around), US and Mexican researchers have documented quite a few health risks associated with eating the slow-moving beasts, including salmonella. Additionally, because the turtles live so long, their bodies accumulate high levels of marine toxins and pesticides, and large amounts of metals like cadmium and mercury (up to 10 times as much as that delivered in fish!). So, why don't more people know about the dangers of feasting on turtles, you ask? Well, mainly because giant turtle meat is often illegal, and unregulated as a result. Click here to read more.