For the first time since 1986, the Chicago Bears are headed to the Super Bowl. That team was America's team, with celebrities like Coach Mike Ditka, quarterback Jim McMahon, running back Walter Payton, and rookie defensive tackle William "The Refrigerator" Perry.
And before dismantling the New England Patriots 46-10 in Super Bowl XX, that team also recorded the famous "Super Bowl Shuffle." Here are a few quick "Shuffle" tidbits:
- The song actually reached #41 on the Billboard charts.
- The song actually was nominated for a Grammy, for best Best Rhythm & Blues Vocal Performance. The Bears lost to Prince.
- Defensive end Dan Hampton felt it was too cocky and declined to participate.
- In 1998, The Onion brilliantly reported '85 Chicago Bears Return to Studio: Shufflin' Crew begins work on long-awaited follow-up album.
- You can find the complete lyrics here.
While it's not likely these Bears will release their own version of the Super Bowl Shuffle, expect to see a lot of this clip these next two weeks: