Worst of the Worst
The 27th Annual Golden Raspberry Awards were handed down this weekend, celebrating the worst of cinema. Basic Instinct 2 was the big winner, taking home Worst Picture, Worst Screenplay, Worst Prequel/Sequel and Worst Actress for Sharon Stone.
So if you're tired of all the water-cooler Oscar buzz and like being negative, arm yourself with a little Razzie trivia.
- In 1998, Brian Helgeland won the Oscar for Best Screenplay (L.A. Confidential) and the Razzie for Worst Screenplay (The Postman). This never happened before or since.
- James Coco (Only When I Laugh, 1982) and Amy Irving (Yentl, 1984) were both nominated for an Oscar and a Razzie for the same performance.
- Sylvester Stallone has been nominated thirty times, winning ten. Both are records.
- Showgirls and Battlefield Earth are tied atop the all-time rankings, each earning seven Razzies.
- Demi Moore, Pauly Shore and Sly Stallone have all won back-to-back Worst Actor/Actress honors.
By the way, if you're looking for the perfect gift for a movie snob, how about a Voting Razzie Membership?
And while we're trashing bad movies, what's your all-time least favorite? I'll need to think about this one.