Weekend Word Wrap
Today's Word Wrap keeps on with our tradition of bringing you the hippest, most happening new words and phrases being coined, as they're coined... well, okay, with at least a 5-second delay.
Today's sparkling entries, as usual, are brought to you by the good folk over at wordspy.com
- shoefiti (shoo.FEE.tee) n. One or more pairs of shoes tied together by the laces and dangling from a powerline or other type of overhead wire. (Citations)
- newpeat n. A repeat that is slightly different from the original. (Citations)
- climate porn n. Extreme or alarmist language or images used to describe the current or future effects of man-made climate change. Also: climate pornography. (Citations)
- photolurker n. A person who obsessively and anonymously browses strangers' photos posted to online photo-sharing sites.
—photolurking pp. (Citations)
- bitcom n. A short, sitcom-style video available over the Internet. (Citations)
- celeblog n. A blog written by a celebrity; a blog devoted to a particular celebrity or to celebrity news and gossip. Also: celeb blog. —celeblogger, celeb blogger n. (Citations)
- carnography (kar.NOG.ruh.fee) n. Writings, films, images, or other materials that contain scenes of carnage or other types of violence. [Blend of carnage and pornography.] Also: carno (cf. porno). (Citations)