It's time for another whimsical Tuesday Turnip search wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "making her the only" unearthing the following interesting factoids:
- Louisa Adams was born in London, England, making her the only US First Lady who was not born in America.
- In 1984, a commemorative postage stamp was issued in [Lilian Gilbreth's] honor, making her the only psychologist to receive this accolade.
- Alicia Ratay also ranks sixth in NCAA history with an .872 free throw percentage, making her the only player to appear in the top 10 on the all-time three-point and free throw charts.
- "She Bop" peaks at US#3, [Cyndi] Lauper's third gold disc in a row, and making her the only female artist to have her first three charted singles reach the Top 3.
- This week, Young & Rubicam named Ann Fudge as its chairman and CEO -- making her the only black, female chief executive of a major advertising agency.
- Patti [Page's] popularity was such that she was signed by NBC Television to star in "Scott Music Hall Presents Patti Page," a summer replacement series that gave birth to the twice-weekly syndicated "Oldsmobile Presents"¦Patti Page." The success of that modest enterprise, and the dominance of Patti on the hit lists with such other multi-million record sellers as "(How Much Is) That Doggie in the Window," "Cross Over the Bridge," "I Went To Your Wedding, " "Changing Partners" and "Allegheny Moon," brought Patti to CBS-TV and the big budgeted weekly extravaganza, "The Big Record." When that concluded its run, ABC-TV brought Patti to its studios for "The Patti Page Show," thus making her the only performer to have shows bearing her name on all three major television networks.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!SIGN UP NOW