The Turnip is back! And with a new look, no less. If you're new to the Turnip, it's the feature wherein I type a random phrase and we see what kind of interesting factoids "turn-up."
Today I typed in "Sinatra" + "famous for" unearthing the following:
- Sinatra was famous for nailing songs on the first take
- Frank Sinatra was famous for his Vegas parties.
- A lot of singers move around the beat, Frank Sinatra was famous for singing behind the beat.
- Sinatra was famous for his short temper; his friend Humphrey Bogart characterized him as 'tilting at windmills, fighting people who don't want to fight'.
- Sinatra was famous for doing one take on a scene and absolutely hated to do multiple takes.
- Almost as famous for his run-ins with the press and as leader of the Rat Pack, Sinatra supposedly kept the company of organized criminals and presidents, both Democratic and Republican, through his eventful life.
- Unfairly panned by critics who objected to the synthetic manner in which the songs were recorded, Duets is an easy way to get acquainted with some of the tunes Sinatra is famous for.