A thug, is a thug, is a thug. But would a thug by any other moniker still be as dangerous? We're guessing "yes."
1. Frank "the Dasher" Abbandando (1910"“1942)
Abbandando was one killer who was fast on his feet. A hit man for the New York mob's Murder, Inc., an organization of contract killers, Abbandando may have killed as many as 50 people. In one case, he walked up to a guy and pulled the trigger only to have the gun misfire. With his armed victim in pursuit, Frank "the Dasher" ran so fast around the block that he came up behind his quarry and coolly shot him in the back. Hence his nickname. But even Abbandando couldn't outrun a stool pigeon inside Murder, Inc. Convicted of a single murder, the speedy criminal was awarded a speedy trial, followed by a speedy execution via electric chair.
2. Albert "Lord High Executioner" Anastasia (1903"“1957)
Brutal dogs, ants and one serious weasel all after the jump...
3. Lester "Baby Face Nelson" Gillis (1908"“1934)
4. Vincent "Mad Dog" Coll (1908"“1932)
5. Tony "the Ant" Spilotro (1938"“1986)
6. Aladena "Jimmy the Weasel" Fratianno (1914"“1993)
For more lists like these, be sure to pick up a copy of Forbidden Knowledge.