The Quick 10: 10 Unconventional Scholarships
With the credit crisis continuing and tuition prices increasing, students scramble for more financial aid. A number of unconventional scholarships are available... maybe one is right for you.
10 Unconventional Scholarships
1. $1,000 from Tall Clubs International for an essay about what being tall means.
2. $250 to $1,000 from the Little People of America Foundation for a student with dwarfism.
3. $1,000 from the Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship for being left-handed.
4. $500 Klingon Language Institute Award for linguistic study and achievement.
5. $1,000 from the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance for the corpulent activists.
6. $1,000 American Nudist Research Library Scholarship for young nudists.
7. Full tuition for 200 golf caddies from the Evans Scholars Foundation.
8. $10,000 from the Ayn Rand Institute for the best essay about the book.
9. $200 to $1,500 for winners of the Sophie Major Memorial Duck Calling Contest.
10. $1,000 from the Marie Simmons Scholarship for twins or those who have given birth to twins.
* * * * *