Friday Happy Hour: What Did We Learn This Year?
Since this is the last Happy Hour of the year, all of today's questions relate to your 2008 experiences. I've added more questions that usual, but don't feel compelled to answer everything. Let's get right to it.
1. What's the most interesting book or article you read in 2008?
2. What's the best food you tried for the first time in 2008?
3. What prominent figure's death upset you the most in 2008?
4. What's the most unexpected way the economic crisis affected you in 2008?
5. What's a new hobby you picked up in 2008?
6. When you look back at 2008 five years from now, what will be the first thing that comes to mind? (For me, it's a three-way tie: the birth of my daughter, the Giants' Super Bowl win and those four straight days last week when Yahoo! linked to mental_floss stories on their homepage.)
7. And I'll end this batch of questions the same way I did last year: "Let's make Week-After-Christmas Resolutions. Something you vow to start doing next Friday, but can give up on January 1st." What's yours?
[See previous 'Friday Happy Hour' transcripts.]