We're excited to have author, journalist, and Brown University senior (he's still a senior!) Kevin Roose blogging with us this week. His new book, The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University is about the semester he spent at Liberty University. We'll let Kevin take it from here:
BY KEVIN ROOSE
In any case, since I've been writing about my semester at Liberty all week, I thought I'd turn the tables today and give you, mental_floss readers, a quiz. I put together a short test based on the easier questions I had to answer in my Liberty classes, which included Old Testament, New Testament, Theology, Evangelism 101, and History of Life (young-earth creationism). I hope you have fun testing your Bible knowledge. And remember, these are questions like the ones on actual Liberty exams, so try to answer as a Liberty student would. Good luck!
1.Â True or False: Absolute truth depends on each person's interpretation.
2.Â Which of the following is NOT true about a Christian worldview?
a) It evolves with a changing society.
b) It is based on God's unchanging nature.
c) It allows us to discern what is true and right and good and discard the rest.
d) It includes "gray areas," issues on which Christians may reasonably disagree.
3. True or False: Evolution can be tested in a laboratory.
4. True or False: Microevolution, or small-scale change within a "kind," is observable in nature.
5. According to Acts 20:21, which two things are necessary for salvation?
a. Repentance and faith
b. Sorrow and guilt
c. Joy and release
d. Bible study and baptism
6. True or False: Romans 10:9-10 teaches that we have to believe in the Resurrection of Christ to be saved.
7. Which of the following are results of salvation?
A.Â Peace with God.
B.Â The beginning of true spiritual development.
C.Â The withholding of God's just wrath upon us.
D.Â All of the above.
8. True or False: The "Romans Road" technique is the only acceptable method of personal evangelism.
9. Who betrayed Samson to the Philistines?
10. Nebuchadnezzar was the king of which city?
1) False, 2) A. It evolves with a changing society, 3) False, 4) True, 5) A. Repentance and faith, 6) True, 7) D. All of the above., 8) False, 9) C. Delilah, 10) D. Babylon.
Kevin Roose's excellent book The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University goes on sale nationally next week, but that shouldn't stop you from pre-ordering it today! If you missed Kevin's post from yesterday (on 5 Things I Learned By Being the World's Worst Evangelist), be sure to check that out as well.