In case you weren't obsessively refreshing mentalfloss.com all week, here's an abbreviated version of what you missed:
Top 5 Stories Originally Posted This Week
1. Where Are They Now? High School Kids Immortalized by Sports Illustrated, by Scott Allen
2. 7 Civil War Stories You Didn't Learn in High School, by Eric Johnson
3. The Quick 10: Why 10 Celebrities Picked Their Stage Names, by Stacy Conradt
4. The Quick 10: 10 Musicians Injured on Stage, by Stacy Conradt
5. The Late Movies: Wedding Toasts & Proposals Gone Wrong, by Ransom Riggs
Top 3 Quizzes Originally Posted This Week
Top-Selling T-Shirt in Our Store
"I'm No Rocket Surgeon" took the top spot from "Pluto: Revolve in Peace" this week. You can get both shirts here "“ and get 15% off when you use the code DAD before checkout.
5 Other Things We Learned
1. John Cazale had a fascinating career.
2. If you're in the robbery game, you can really learn from past jewel heists.
3. The origin of the prom.
4. Women rocked physics.
5. Watching videos of optical illusions is a good way to kill time.
For more important life lessons, follow the _floss on Twitter. Well, maybe not life lessons. But we'll tell you what TV journalist used to be Kurt Vonnegut's son-in-law.