The Late Movies: Clips That Made Me Smile

Jason English

If you had a rough day and need a smile, tonight's Late Movies are for you. (Though if you had a great day and want to keep those good feelings going, you'll enjoy them, too.) We've featured some of these on the blog before, but now they're all in one place.

My wife sent me this clip, titled "My dogs greeting me after returning from 14 months in Iraq." In case you're reading this on the clock, it's suitable for work, unless getting all teary eyed at your desk is frowned upon.

When Chris Higgins posted this last year, he said the clip taught him three things:

1. Words are not necessary to describe the process of making crayons. An awesome soundtrack, on the other hand, is a must.

2. Making crayons is a messy business. Orange wax everywhere!

3. Skilled crayon-makers can pick up scores of crayons at once using a special two-handed grab.

Here's a 1988 Inside Edition segment starring Bill O'Reilly and the newfangled Nintendo craze. I almost spit out my tea during the interview with the Game-Play Counselor.

Even if 90% of you already know the story of Jason McElwain, it's worth posting this amazing video for the other 10%.

This next clip is from 1969, when Mr. Rogers went before the Senate to plead for a $20 million grant for public broadcasting, which had been proposed by President Johnson but was in danger of being sliced in half. There's a real Susan Boyle moment halfway through, where the Senators suddenly recognize who they're dealing with.

Watch Geraldo make history by opening Al Capone's vault on live TV!

Here's a recent one—dad catches foul ball and gives it to his daughter. Hilarity ensues.

And we'll end with a quick clip of my daughter working on her vocabulary. If the words "Bailey," "Happy" and "Melmo" (her way of saying "Elmo") could be joined to form a meaningful sentence, we'd be in business.
* * * * *
If you've got a feel-good video to add to the list, leave a link in the comments.

twitterbanner.jpg /
shirts-555.jpg /
tshirtsubad_static-11.jpg /