The Quick 10: 10 Things Yogi Berra Actually Said
Lawrence Peter Berra - you likely know him better as Yogi - is 86 today. He's one of the greatest catchers ever, but what many people know him for are his awesome malapropisms and slips of the tongue. Many quirky quotes were attributed to him over the years that weren't actually his, but these 10 were.
1. "90% of the game is half mental."
2. "It's never happened in World Series history, and it hasn't happened since."
He was talking about the perfect game Don Larsen pitched in 1956. Yogi was catching (picture at left).
3. "It ain't over 'til it's over."
4. "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."
5. "The future ain't what it used to be."
Yogi later clarified, saying, "I just meant that times are different. Not necessarily better or worse, just different."
6. "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
7. "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
8. "We have a good time together, even when we're not together."
Maybe I'm going soft, but am I the only one who thinks this falls on the side of sweet rather than stupid?
9. "Its deja vu all over again."
10. "I really didn't say everything I said."
He followed up with, "Then again, I might have said 'em, but you never know."