Your Best and Worst Office Holiday Party Stories (But Mostly the Worst)
On Fridays, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion...
1. We had our company holiday party last night. Nobody embarrassed themselves too much — or if they did, they hid it — and everyone was in at a good time this morning. So I'm going to have to look to you guys for stories. What's your best (or worst) office holiday party experience?
2. If, for reasons not entirely clear, you had to listen to one Christmas song on repeat all December, what would it be?
3. "Margaritaville" has a "lost verse" that Jimmy Buffett sometimes adds back in. (He found it, apparently.)
Old men in tank tops,
Cruisin' the gift shops,
Checkin' out chiquitas, down by the shore
They dream about weight loss,
Wish they could be their own boss
Those three-day vacations can be (or "become") such a bore
What other lost verses do you know? Either stuff legitimately cut from a song early on, or extra verses occasionally added in.
4. If you could rename one kitchen utensil, what would it be? What would you call it?
5. Do you know of any unique charities that deserve more attention? Either unique in how they raise money or in what that money's for.
Have a great weekend!
[See all the previous Friday Happy Hour transcripts.]