Good luck with today's Wednesday Wordplay challenge from the mentalfloss.com Brain Game.
The following are the titles of five 1970s songs that hit #1 on the Billboard pop singles chart. We've altered each title, however, by removing each instance of vowels (A, E, I, O, and U) and eliminating all spaces and punctuation. As an example, the title of today's quiz - MKTWTHY - represents the song "MAKE IT WITH YOU" by Bread. Got it? Good. Then identify these chart-topping singles of the 1970s:
1. MRCNP 2. NTNMNTNHGHNGH 3. THRTMSLDY 4. FYLVMNW 5. BGGG
Here are the ANSWERS.
1. "AMERICAN PIE" by Don McLean
2. "AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH" by Diana Ross
3. "THREE TIMES A LADY" by The Commodores
4. "IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW" by Chicago
5. "BOOGIE OOGIE OOGIE" by A Taste of Honey