Where Were You 20 Years Ago Today?
On Fridays I post a series of questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Usually it's much earlier in the day. Answer one question, answer all, reply to someone else. On to this week's topics of discussion!
1. Some dates carry broad significance, and everyone remembers exactly what they were doing. February 1, 1993, is not among them. But think back to this date (ish) in 1993. What was going on in your life? (If you were not yet born, try 10 years ago instead.)
2. If you could give your 1993 self three words of advice, what would you say?
3. Let's pretend your current town or city was awarded a minor league baseball team, and you were put in charge of the nickname. What would you call it? If you don't love where you live, you could really stick it to the region.
4. What was your favorite season of your all-time favorite TV series?
5. I reserve this last spot for your own questions. Want to ask something of your fellow _flossers? The floor is yours!
Oh, and that photo? That was 20 years ago today. From Getty Images: "A young couple in an anti-Le Pen demonstration in Paris have their minds on each other rather than the demonstration, February 1, 1993."