On Fridays, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. On to this week's topics of discussion...
1. For reasons not entirely clear, I've been invited to speak to college students next week about landing that first job after graduation. My first job after college was an administrative internship in my alma mater's student development office. My second job was delivering food. My third job was answering phones at a garage door installation company. So I may not be the best person to speak on this matter. But maybe you guys have advice for college students that I can dish out. What's one thing you wish you were told when you were 21?
2. One former U.S. president (living or dead) must live in your house for a month, just because. Who would you choose?
3. Here's one for the sports fans. Take your favorite team and think back to all the major trades and signings over the years. If you could go back and prevent one of those transactions, which would it be? Vlade for Kobe? Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps?
4. It's been a while since I asked this one: what are you reading? Do you recommend it?
5. Got a question for the group? Ask it here. And have a great weekend!