Happy Birthday to Jerry Seinfeld, who turns 61 today. To celebrate, let’s take a trip back to when he was a much younger—and much less famous—stand-up comedian working his way up.
1. Here he is looking as '70s as humanly possible in his first TV appearance, performing on the show Celebrity Cabaret:
2. His first appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, way back in 1982. It's interesting hearing his “millionaires rotate” joke now that his net worth is edging up toward $1 billion.
3. He's brought on stage with an entertaining introduction by the legendary Smothers Brothers, who call him Jerry Steinfeld:
4. A very young Seinfeld talks about getting glasses as a child and the stupidity of pets.
5. A few years before the NBC sitcom started, Seinfeld appeared on Rodney Dangerfield’s cable stand-up special: