The 5 Weirdest Traffic Laws On, and Off, the Books
By the mag, Lucas Reilly
The rules of the road are a little weirder in some places than in others.
1. In Little Rock, Arkansas, “No person shall sound the horn on a vehicle at any place where cold drinks or sandwiches are served after 9 p.m.”
2. Decades ago, it was illegal for a woman to drive up Main Street in Waynesboro, Virginia, without her husband walking in front of the car waving a red flag.
3. It’s illegal to spill “any salt, rock salt, common salt, or salt brine” on the street in Hermosa Beach, California, pepper and paprika are acceptable.
4. In Missouri, it's illegal to drive with an uncaged bear in your car.
5. In San Francisco, commercial car wash owners are restricted from drying off vehicles with used underwear.
This story originally appeared in mental_floss magazine. Subscribe to our print edition here, and our iPad edition here.