The Top 25 Bestselling E-Books on Amazon Right Now
Right now, the ability to access books on your tablet or phone—without leaving your house or waiting days for an order to arrive in the mail—seems more magical than ever. With just about every book at your fingertips, however, it might be a little difficult to decide which one to choose.
You could ask for recommendations from friends and family, or use this website, which specializes in personalized reading lists based on books you’ve already read and loved. Or you could check out Amazon’s current list of bestselling e-books—updated by the hour—to see what the general population just can’t get enough of. As of this morning (March 31), Elle Marr’s highly anticipated thriller The Missing Sister sits in the number one spot; since its publication date isn’t until April 1, that means it’s gotten to the top of the list on pre-orders alone.
There are several other riveting thrillers on the list, including Dean Koontz’s latest, In the Heart of the Fire, and Christopher Greyson’s murder mystery The Girl Who Lived. Plenty of other genres are well-represented, too, from Stephen R. Covey’s classic self-help book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to Jory John’s charming children’s story The Bad Seed.
And, of course, it would hardly seem like a bestseller list if Harry Potter didn’t make an appearance or two. According to this data, more than a few people are spending their quarantine time reading (or re-reading) J.K. Rowling’s beloved series—Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are at number seven and number 17, respectively.
Look through March 31’s top 25 below:
- The Missing Sister by Elle Marr // $5
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis // $13
- Wall of Silence by Tracy Buchanan // $5
- The Bad Seed by Jory John // $13
- The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms // $2
- Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah // $5
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling // $9
- The Last Bathing Beauty by Amy Sue Nathan // $5
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey // $6
- When We Believed in Mermaids by Barbara O’Neal // $5
- Rough Edge by Lauren Landish // $4
- The Library at the Edge of the World by Felicity Hayes-McCoy // $1
- If You Tell by Gregg Olsen // $2
- Now, Then, and Everywhen by Rysa Walker // $5
- The Girl Who Lived by Christopher Greyson // $10
- Rain Will Come by Thomas Holgate // $5
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling // $9
- The Other Family by Loretta Nyhan // $5
- In the Heart of the Fire by Dean Koontz // $2
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng // $10
- Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes by James Dean // $8
- The Splendid and the Vile by Erik Larson // $15
- Unlimited Memory by Kevin Horsley // $10
- Lift Her Up by T.S. Joyce // $1
- In an Instant by Suzanne Redfearn // $5
At Mental Floss, we only write about the products we love and want to share with our readers, so all products are chosen independently by our editors. Mental Floss has affiliate relationships with certain retailers and may receive a percentage of any sale made from the links on this page. Prices and availability are accurate as of the time of publication.