The 25 Highest-Paying Entry-Level Jobs for New Graduates
When they finish their final exams, college seniors can look forward to job hunting. Roughly 1.9 million students in the U.S. will receive their bachelor's degrees this school year, and while some new graduates may be happy to take the first job they're offered, others will be looking for something that pays well—even at the entry level. According to Glassdoor, recent grads qualified for the 25 jobs below will have the best luck.
To compile this list of the highest-paying entry-level jobs in the U.S., the job search website identified employment opportunities with the highest median bases salaries reported by users 25 or younger. Positions in the tech industry dominate the list. Aspiring data scientists can expect to make $95,000 a year at their first job out of college, while software engineers have a median annual base salary of $90,000. Other entry-level tech jobs like UX designer, Java developer, and systems engineer all start at salaries of $70,000 or more.
Banking and business positions, including investment banking analysta ($85,000), actuarial analysts ($66,250), and business analysts ($63,000), appear on the list as well. The only listed position that doesn't fall under the tech, finance, or business categories is for physical therapists, who report a median starting salary of $63,918.
You can check out the full list of the 25 highest-paying entry-level jobs below.
- Data Scientist // $95,000
- Software Engineer // $90,000
- Product Manager // $89,000
- Investment Banking Analyst // $85,000
- Product Designer // $85,000
- UX Designer // $73,000
- Implementation Consultant // $72,000
- Java Developer // $72,000
- Systems Engineer // $70,000
- Software Developer // $68,600
- Process Engineer // $68,258
- Front End Developer // $67,500
- Product Engineer // $66,750
- Actuarial Analyst // $66,250
- Electrical Engineer // $66,000
- Mechanical Engineer // $65,000
- Design Engineer // $65,000
- Applications Developer // $65,000
- Test Engineer // $65,000
- Programmer Analyst // $65,000
- Quality Engineer // $64,750
- Physical Therapist // $63,918
- Field Engineer // $63,750
- Project Engineer // $63,000
- Business Analyst // $63,000