In the month of our country's Independence, you're free to celebrate all kinds of unusual holidays.
1. JULY 3: COMPLIMENT YOUR MIRROR DAY
If you haven't quite gathered it yet, this holiday isn't about the mirror (wink).
2. JULY 7: TELL THE TRUTH DAY
Especially if you're this guy.
3. JULY 9: BALD IS IN DAY
He looks skeptical, but the calendar doesn't lie.
4. JULY 10: DON’T STEP ON A BEE DAY
Stepping on a bee is bad for a lot of reasons (and for both parties involved), which is why it's good that these furry friends usually stick to the skies.
5. JULY 13: EMBRACE YOUR GEEKNESS DAY
We are all for this offbeat holiday, especially if this is the uniform and we're expected to carry a keyboard like a boom box.
6. JULY 16: NATIONAL WOODIE WAGON DAY
Truly a thing of beauty.
7. JULY 17: NATIONAL ICE CREAM DAY
No matter how you eat it—or how often you eat it—be sure to celebrate everyone's favorite frozen treat on this day.
8. JULY 20: TAKE YOUR POET TO WORK DAY
If you have a real-life poet friend, this could probably apply to them (let's face it, they probably haven't been to work in a while), but this holiday is meant to be for pocketing your favorite famous lyricist and taking them to your place of business (seriously). Tweetspeak Poetry even has custom illustration cutouts to help.
9. JULY 22: RAT-CATCHER’S DAY
On the supposed anniversary of the Pied Piper of Hamelin, a day to honor exterminators of all shapes, sizes, and species. (We know that's a mouse, don't @ us.)
10. JULY 23: HOT ENOUGH FOR YA DAY
Well, is it?
11. JULY 23: NATIONAL DAY OF THE COWBOY
It's time to head a hoedown, lasso some cattle, queue up your favorite Western, or simply sport the famous fashions of those beloved frontier folk.
12. JULY 24: NATIONAL DRIVE-THRU DAY
As with every food or beverage-related holiday, you're probably celebrating this anyway, but now you have a reason.
13. JULY 24: NATIONAL TELL AN OLD JOKE DAY
We can't promise anyone will like it, though.
14. JULY 24: COUSINS DAY
It's also Auntie's Day, so get the whole family together and take a selfie (or whatever families do).
15. JULY 27: TAKE YOUR HOUSEPLANTS FOR A WALK DAY
It doesn't matter if your neighbors think you're crazy. Set those plants free!
Holidays found in Chase's Calendar of Events 2016. All photos courtesy of iStock.
Know of something you think we should cover? Email us at email@example.com.