I've been trying to lay off the sauce lately - I'm training for a half marathon and alcohol really hampers my efforts (even just a pint or two). But it's been tough - I have four weekends in a row that are drinking occasions. The first was a class reunion, the second was a Jimmy Buffett concert, this weekend we're going to Lollapalooza (although I'm not sure I can afford to drink there) and the weekend after is a birthday party for my husband. Needless to say, my willpower has been tested. So you might understand why I was intrigued by the St. Petersburg Times' list of Best Beer Names. Do you agree with them? Let us know in the comments.
10 Best Beer Names
10. Unibroue La Fin Du Monde. Mmm, End of the World Beer.
9. Harveistoun Old Engine Oil. Whatever it takes, I guess.
8. Sweetwater Happy Ending Imperial Stout. I'm going to guess that this Happy Ending is cheaper than its namesake.
7. Ridgeway Santa's Butt. Because nothing makes me want to drink like Santa's plumber's crack.
6. Buffalo Bill's Alimony Ale. The Times says this company bills Alimony Ale as the "bitterest beer in America".
5. Dogfish Head Golden Shower. This one was only on the market under this name for a short period of time; it was subsequently renamed Golden Era.
4. Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast Pooh Coffee.
3. McQuire's I'll Have What The Gentleman On The Floor Is Having Barley Wine. I wonder if you can just say, "Can I have the IHWTGOTFIHBW?"
2. Avery Collaboration Not Litigation
1. Wasatch Polygamy Porter. The slogan? "Why have just one?"