10 Campaign Fashion Choices
Whether they bought them with their own money or campaign funds, here are some of the fashion trends inspired by the political elite.
1. Kawasaki, the Japanese company that makes Sarah Palin's iconic eyeglasses, received as many orders in 10 days for the frame as it does in a year.
2. Minnesota's Pacificier baby boutique managed to cash in on the publicity surrounding the Palin family when it played up its part in dressing Trig Palin before the Republican National Convention.
4. Palin likes Patagonia outerwear, but the brand was quick to distance itself from the VP candidate.
"Just wearing the clothing of an environmental company does not necessarily make someone an environmentalist," said Patagonia rep Jen Rapp.
5. Daughter Piper Palin carries a Louis Vuitton purse, but it's a fake.
7. Cindy McCain favors U.S./Dominican Republic designer Oscar De La Renta, which she and Laura Bush both wore at the 2008 Republican National Convention.
8. Barack Obama's preference for Hartmax suits was a boon to sales for the largest suit maker in the U.S.
10. Joe Biden always wears a flag pin and his trademark grin.