Some of you might recall our post last year on Seven incredibly specific dating sites. There was one category left off the list, however: animal lovers! Here are 7 new specific dating sites just for you.
1. Dog Lover DogLover.biz claims it's ONLY for people who love dogs. That doesn't mean you have to own one, necessarily, only love "˜em. Other than an extensive collection of links to stories like How to Deal With Your Dog's Separation Anxiety and Sibling Rivalry-Canine Style, I don't see anything on the site that's so different from Match.com. Okay, well, maybe there are more photos of single people with their pooches, but really, that's about it. Animal rating: meow
2. Animal Attraction AnimalAttraction.com not only scores points for the best name, it has the best approach I've ever seen in an online dating site: Internet dating helps raise money for pet charities like the ASPCA! How? When you register a profile, Animal Attraction gives a buck to the charity of your choice. The more you log in to their site, the more money they donate. From the copy: "Through registrations and daily logins, we've committed $29,560 to pets in need!" Doesn't get much better than that. Animal rating: WOOOF WOOOF!
3. Animal People Speaking of Match.com, Animal People Personals claims they have partnered with Match, "to bring you thousands of more animal people"¦ to meet." (Why not just join Match.com then and search by pets?) From the Web site's copy: If you have the greatest pet in the world and the only thing missing is the love of your life, Animal People Personals can help connect you to others just like you. You don't have to have a pet, just a desire to connect with other animal lovers. Animal rating: woof
4. Dog Gone Singles DogGoneSingles.com is one small part of the vast TangoWire dating network. According to their homepage copy, they run 4,000 Web sites, all for dating. (Really?!) I poked around the site, and by the looks of it, if you're on ANY TangoWire site and your profile includes the word "˜dog' under pets, you show up on DogGoneSingles.com. Other than that, I don't see anything special for pet owners. Animal rating: meow
5. Pet People Meet PetPeopleMeet.com is another site that seems really generic to me. Check out the special features this site offers: Picture Personals, Video and Audio Greetings, Send Contact to members, Detailed Search Criteria, Store Your Favorite Profiles"¦ the special pet-angle here is quite specific, wouldn't you say? (?) There's really not one mention of pets other than in the URL. Animal rating: meow
6. Must Love Pets Here's another site that's part of a larger network. But unlike Dog Gone Singles and their 4,000 sites, Must Love Pets is part of the U-DRIVE DATING Network of a mere 5 sites. Also unlike Dog Gone Singles, this one looks really good! From the copy: Must Love Pets is the premiere pet finder destination for meeting and/or dating quality animal lovers who are single and seeking a sincere relationship with other dog lovers or cat lovers. At Must Love Pets all animal lovers profiles are pre-screened and qualified insuring you a safe and enjoyable dating relationship. Must Love Pets is exclusively for pet lovers who are either a dog lover, a cat lover, or animal lover in general. Whatever your pet may be or even if you aren't a pet owner yet and are looking for a pet finder, you are more than welcome to become a member here at Must Love Pets Animal rating: WOOF!
7. Date My Pet DateMyPet.com looks pretty legit, too. There doesn't seem to be a connection to other dating sites, and all six of the people signed up on the site (joking!) look like nice/normal people worth getting to know. The site also offers links to articles with titles such as "Hawaii: Visting with your pet - They want to hit the beaches too" and "Traveling By Car With Your Pet." Animal rating: woof
If you've ever met anyone through an animal-specific dating site, let us know the name of the site and how it worked out. Let's get some reviews going.