2. Celine Dion admitted last year that shopping is one of her passions and said she owned somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 pairs of shoes. If you split the difference and assume 2,500, she could change her shoes almost seven times a day every day for a year without repeating a pair.
3. Victoria Beckham has a thing for Birkin bags and has spent more than 100 grand on adding to her collection. When you consider that one bag can cost up to $16,000, I guess that isn't really much of a collection.
4. Fellow Brit Queen Elizabeth I also had a fashion fetish "“ gloves. She owned more than 2,000 pairs. Liz the First employed a wardrobe mistress just to keep track of all of them.
5. If you've ever read Dr. Seuss' The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins then it may not surprise you that Mr. Geisel was a collector of chapeaus. He owned several hundred, in fact, ranging from an Ecuadorian fireman's hat to a replica of Admiral Nelson's that he liked to wear during annual "Seuss Navy" banquets. He coupled that one with an official-looking uniform as so not to look silly, of course.
6. Ted may have found good company in Mamie Eisenhower, who had a substantial hat collection of her own. Being a thrifty lady, however, hers were of the $9.95 mail-order variety and she made no apologies for it.
7. Penelope Cruz has a rather strange collection: coat hangers. She owns more than 500 different types of the organizational tool and the word is that not one of them is metal. Joan Crawford would be so proud.
Do you have a weird collection? Share it in the comments! I'd like to tell you that I own thousands of pairs of shoes, but, sadly, I don't have the money or the space. Maybe someday!