The Week's Most Popular Stories
In case you weren't obsessively refreshing mentalfloss.com all week, here's what you missed:
1. 11 Things Wal-Mart Has Banned, by Ethan Trex
2. 10 Unusual Playgrounds From Around the World, by David K. Israel
3. The Quick 10: 8 Famous Apologies (and two that never happened), by Stacy Conradt
4. 11 Other Halls of Fame, by Ethan Trex
5. What Happened to Marie Antoinette's Children? by Linda Rodriguez
6. Ted Turner: America's Jiminy Crickett, by Bud Shaw
7. The Quick 10: The Former Names of 10 Bands, by Stacy Conradt
8. The Quick 10: 10 State Nickname Explanations, by Stacy Conradt
9. 10 Overhyped Baseball Players Who Fizzled, by Scott Allen
10. Strange Geographies: The Little Town That
Killed Los Angeles Los Angeles Killed, by Ransom Riggs
11. Paw & Order: Animals on Trial, by Rob Lammle
12. How & Why Do Leaves Change Color? by Matt Soniak
The Week's Most Popular Shirts
To add one of our shirts to your t-shirt rotation, visit the mental_floss store.
In Case You Just Discovered Our Site
Welcome! We'll catch you up slowly. Here are the highlights from last week, and here's what you missed back in August.
The Fantasy Football Update Nobody Cares About
With one week in the books, I'm feeling really good about that Drew Brees pick. In case you were wondering (OK, nobody's wondering, but just for kicks), Psycho Dad = me, Know Brainers = Sandy Wood, Fightin' Amish = Mangesh Hattikudur, OchoWhat-O? = Brett Savage, ClintonPortisWigShop = Allison Keene, Foolish Mortals = Stacy Conradt, Secret RickMirer = Ethan Trex, Budway Joes = Scott Allen, Witty Team Name = Mark Arminio, Wild Willies = Jason Plautz, and our two readers are Jane Coaston (Inglorious Bengals) and Ross Lambersky (NJ Dawsgmen).