When I was checking out some of the Price is Right retired games last week, I came across some info on Barker's Beauties. Technically they're not "Barker's Beauties" anymore - ever since Drew Carey took over the hosting gig, they're simply "The Price is Right Models." What, no Carey's Cuties? Yeah"¦ perhaps that's a bit condescending. Anyway, I was surprised to see how many of the models have gone on to have bigger and better careers - and how many of them ended up in Playboy. Here are what 10 of the Beauties have been up to since their tenure on the PIR.
1. Disco singer.
Kathleen Bradley was the first African-American model on the show - she wasn't a series regular until 1990, but had appeared in episodes of the original game show in the early '70s. She also won the title of Miss Black California and was in a disco group called "Destination."
sampled part of the
theme song. It doesn't show up until about 8:30 so skip the rest unless you really love disco.2.
If you were a fan of
, you probably already know Gena Lee Nolin. But before she donned the iconic red swimsuit, she was elegantly showing the price points for Turtle Wax and cans of mixed nuts.
3. Video journalist for CNN. Phire Dawson has quite the resume - she has appeared as a video journalist for CNN, appeared on the reality show The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency, was Ms. Petite Georgia, was a runner-up for Miss Georgia, and was also a cheerleader for the Atlanta Falcons. Whew. If that isn't enough, she's currently working on a line of swimwear.
4. Professional Groupie. Teri Harrison is now married to Morgan Rose, the drummer from Sevendust. It's unclear whether he first became aware of her because he's an avid Price is Right watcher or a fan of her work with Playboy.
5. Deal or No Deal Model.
Claudia Jordan went from being a Barker's Beauty to one of the suitcase-holding models on
Deal or No Deal
. But she's not just a game show gal - she also co-hosted the 2009 Miss Universe Pageant, appeared on the second season of
, and appeared in the Fabolous video "Throw It In the Bag." Less cool? Her appearance in the Backstreet Boys' "As Long As You Love Me" from 1999.6.
. No, really. Nikki Ziering was on the show from 1999 to 2002,
she had appeared in
. That may have been her career highlight, though - since her stint as a Barker's Beauty, she has gotten divorced from Ian "Steve Sanders" Ziering, appeared as a sideline reporter for
Ultimate Blackjack Tour
and had a part in
National Lampoon's Gold Diggers
7. Fembot and Queen of the Internet. Cindy Margolis was only very briefly on the game show in 1995 before leaving to pursue other opportunities"¦ such as a Fembot in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery in 1997. Yahoo! Internet Life magazine named her Queen of the Internet from 1996-1999 and the Guinness Book of World Records verified that she was the "most downloaded" person of 1999.
8. Wife of a Teen Idol. Hardcore PIR fans probably remember her Ann Pennington's sister more - Janice Pennington was one of the original Barker's Beauties and, with 28 years under her belt, is thus far the longest-running model. But it's Ann who married Shaun Cassidy, breaking the hearts of lovestruck teenagers everywhere. It didn't last, though - they divorced in 1992.
9. St. Pauli Girl. Heather Kozar, formerly a Playboy playmate (they could do a Girls of The Price is Right issue, easy), was also the St. Pauli Girl in 2002.
10. Homeowner"¦ several times over. Holly Hallstrom was one of the most well-known Barker's Beauties before she was fired for gaining 14 pounds. Barker sued her for slander, and she countersued for age, weight and medical discrimination. The case was tied up in court for almost 10 years. Hallstrom said she spent all of her money and was living out of her car at one point just to be able to afford her legal bills. But it worked out in her favor - she received a settlement to drop her lawsuit and now owns several homes.