The Quick 10: The 10 Cheesiest Movie Lines Ever
You know the lines – the ones you hear in a movie that immediately make you cringe and roll your eyes while maybe simultaneously feeling a bit love struck or inspired (though you’d probably never admit it). Last year, onepoll.com conducted a survey of film fans to see which lines they thought were dripping with the most cheese. These were the top 10:
1. "Nobody puts Baby in the corner.” – Johnny Castle, Dirty Dancing
2. "Is it still raining? I hadn't noticed.” – Carrie, Four Weddings and a Funeral
3. "I'm the king of the world!" – Jack Dawson, Titanic (but I didn’t need to tell you that, did I?)
4. "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash." - Stinger, Top Gun
5. "They may take our lives, but they will never take our freedom!" – William Wallace, Braveheart (the line happens around 2:50, if you're impatient)
6. "I love you."
– Molly Jensen and Sam Wheat, Ghost
7. "I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her." - Anna Scott, Notting Hill
8. "Today we celebrate our Independence Day." - President Thomas Whitmore, Independence Day
9. "You had me at hello." – Dorothy Boyd, Jerry Maguire
10. "You're a godsend, a saviour."
''No, I'm a postman.'' - The Postman, The Postman
A similar poll done by a different company in 2004 listed almost all of these, but added “You can be my wingman anytime,” from Top Gun. Do you have one you’d like to see on the list? I might as “As you wish” from Princess Bride. I’m a fan of the movie, but that line definitely makes me do that cringe/swoon combo.