The Quick 10: 10 Surprising Celebrity Dolls
It's not hard to find a celebrity doll these days - every Disney starlet seems to have one, as well as every pop star and even a few models (Tyra Banks and Heidi Klum both have one). Not all of them are quite as predictable, though - here are 10 dolls you probably didn't see coming.
2. Fran Drescher. And if you think the question here is, “Why would you want a Fran Drescher ‘The Nanny’ doll,” I’ll do you one better: Why would you want one that talks?
3. Kojak. Because every little kid wants a Telly Savalas doll, don’t they? Especially when it comes with a cool office set like this.
4. William “The Fridge” Perry. In 1986, the Chicago Bear was released as a limited edition G.I. Joe, worked into the storyline as a “physical training instructor.” They even kept the gap in his teeth! Like all ‘80s toys, there’s a pretty great commercial for it:
5. Ann Coulter. Like the Fran Drescher doll, she talks. I assume they say vastly different things, though.
6. Dr. Laura. Here’s one to add to your pantsuited ladies collection, which presumably includes Ann Coulter. She apparently must not have been a bestseller, because you can get her on Amazon for $6.95.
8. Dorothy Hamill. You know what’s better than the Dorothy Hamill doll? Dorothy Hamill posing with the Dorothy Hamill doll.
9. George Burns. Accessories include his cigar, his Walk of Fame star, a replica of his signature and a microphone and stand.
10. Ronald Reagan. But if you weren’t a Reagan fan, don’t worry: there’s plenty of presidents to choose from: Teddy Roosevelt, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Carter Woodrow Wilson, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Thomas Jefferson.