You have to love a Wikipedia page bearing the goofy warning label: "This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous. Please do not take it seriously." That's how the brilliant Wikipedia:Deleted articles with freaky titles begins. It continues, in part: "As to this page's title, consider it a mild addition to the collection of "freaky" titles – the real reason for it was just so that it abbreviates to DAFT. Bewildering titles, bizarre titles, and surreal titles – all are equally fair game."
Here are 12 of my favorite freaky Wikipedia pages that somebody created, then Wikipedians helpfully deleted.
1. List of Dads Who Make Other Dads Eat Bugs
"The article itself was completely blank, but the talk page just read 'my dad'."
2. International caps lock day
"Should have been INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY." (Um, actually there is an INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY.)
3. Look a rare endangered species of african caterpillar found only in australia and new zealand
"...but apparently not in Africa."
4. List of all Wikipedia lists that do not contain themselves
"(later recreated as a redirect to Russell's paradox, now gone again.)"
"Was a redirect to Sun."
6. List of puddles
"The page said 'The following is a comprehensive List of puddles in the World: 1. The one outside my house 2. The big on to the East of the USA'"
7. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"This was a redirect to the Darth Vader article."
"Which purportedly meant 'something that rises on a scale.'"
9. Society for the Abolition of the Month of August
No comment provided explaining deletion. The page was deleted in March 2011.
10. That one girl Charlie Brown likes with the red hair who they called Heather in the cartoons where the adults sound like Wee Wah Waw Wah
"Formerly a redirect to Little Red-Haired Girl."
11. Why not to sleep in a bamboo forest?
"Single sentence. 'Because the bamboo will grow through you... resulting in Death.'"
"... a most perilous disorder wherein the subject (wikiphobe) holds dear an irrational fear or distrust for Wikipedia"
More Where Those Came From
So I heard you liked Deleted articles with freaky titles. You might also enjoy the Wikipedia humor page, notably Articles for deletion/Cattle (marked for deletion multiple times for lacking sufficient cowbell).
For 12-12-12, we’ll be posting twenty-four '12 lists' throughout the day. Check back 12 minutes after every hour for the latest installment, or see them all here.