Trailer Tuesday: Despicable Me 2 and The Lone Ranger
Welcome to a special edition of Trailer Thursday, which is really Trailer Tuesday this week thanks to the blockbusters (envision studio execs with their fingers and toes crossed) coming out for the long holiday weekend. Here's what's coming out tomorrow for your Fourth of July viewing pleasure:
Despicable Me 2
Everyone's favorite despicable baddie is back, but it seems that he has switched sides. In this sequel to the 2010 hit, Gru has been recruited by the Anti-Villain League to help capture a guy who's really bad.
See it if:
- You like minions. I mean... are there people who don't like minions?
- You like Steve Carell. I mean... are there people who don't like Steve Carell? Especially after his appearance as Gru on Ellen.
- You don't want Disney to have all of the box office fun this weekend.
The Lone Ranger
Ever wonder how John Reid became the Lone Ranger? Johnny Depp (as Tonto) is going to tell you.
See it if:
- You're curious to see how Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter fare without Tim Burton to hold them together.
- Bad reviews don't faze you. The Lone Ranger is currently hovering around 22 percent over at Rotten Tomatoes... ouch. Critics say the main problems are plot holes, run time and characters that are either dull and stupid or over-the-top and insulting.