Taco ‘Bout a Discount: Here’s Where You Can Get Free (and Almost Free) Tacos for National Taco Day Today
Taco lovers, you’ve watched from the sidelines as this year’s National Pizza Day, National Doughnut Day, and National Coffee Day have passed by. Now, finally, the day you’ve been waiting for has arrived, and your patience has been rewarded with fabulous deals on the delicious tacos that fill your dreams each night.
From Baja Fresh to Burger King, taco providers everywhere are offering free or deeply discounted tacos to celebrate National Taco Day. USA Today has the lowdown on which restaurants are participating, what apps you should download, and which secret passwords you need to know in order to join the party.
Here are the best National Taco Day 2019 deals:
- Applebee’s: Some locations in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, and New York are offering a $1 Chicken Wonton Taco appetizer for dine-in customers.
- Baja Fresh: Buy one taco, and present this digital coupon from the Baja Fresh Instagram account to get a second taco for free.
- Bill Miller Bar-B-Q: Buy up to 10 Bean & Cheese tacos for just $0.75 each.
- Bubbakoo's Burritos: Buy up to five tacos for $1 each.
- Burger King: Tacos are $1 at participating locations.
- California Tortilla: Say "Taco-berfest" when ordering to claim a free taco with your purchase.
- Chronic Tacos: Say “Taco Life” when ordering to claim a free taco between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Chuy's: Show up to any Chuy’s dressed as a taco and they’ll give you an entrée for free. If you don’t have a costume, you can also add a crispy beef taco to your entrée order for just $1.
- Del Taco: Join the Raving Fan Eclub or download the app to redeem your free taco. (You’ll also get a free shake on your birthday.)
- Fuzzy's Taco Shop: Rewards members can claim a free taco with their purchase. Join the rewards program here.
- Hurricane Grill & Wings: Get a free taco with the purchase of one taco and two drinks.
- Jack in the Box: E-club members can claim a free taco with their purchase. Sign up here.
- Rubio’s Coastal Grill: Show this coupon to claim a free taco with any drink purchase.
- Taco Bell: Buy their “National Taco Day gift set” $5 gift card, which will get you four tacos—two Crunchy Tacos and two Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos. Can you send yourself the gift card? Of course. The taco titan is also offering a free bean burrito with mobile orders through October 17.
- Taco Cabana: Breakfast tacos, naked tacos (chicken, steak or brisket with no toppings), shredded chicken tacos, and ground beef tacos are each just $1.
- Taco John's: Download the app to claim a free Crispy Taco.
- TacoTime: Pick up a free Crisp Taco at participating locations. If you order ahead, they’ll give you two.
- Wahoo's: Ask for the Taco Day offer, and tacos are buy-one-get-one-free. (Though there’s a limit of two per customer.)
Looking for other ways to treat yourself on National Taco Day? Check out these items that every taco lover needs.
[h/t USA Today]