Though precious little has been confirmed about the plot of the follow-up to John Krasinski’s epic horror film A Quiet Place (2018), it’ll delve further into the post-apocalyptic world where the Abbott family must fight to stay off the radar of extraterrestrial creatures that devour anyone who makes a sound.
Directed by: John Krasinski
Written by: John Krasinski
Starring: Emily Blunt, Cillian Murphy, Djimon Hounsou, Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe
- Since Emily Blunt and her on-screen children Millicent Simmonds and Noah Jupe are returning for Part II, we can assume the plot will feature the Abbotts, the same family from the first film.
- Having said that, there’s a good chance we’ll also get to find out how others fare in the monster-infested world. “This world is so rich, and it’s so much fun to explore,” Krasinski said in an interview. “There are so many different things to see now. Everyone else in the world is experiencing this, so I’m curious to see what that looks like from another perspective.”
- Peaky Blinders’ Cillian Murphy will star in the sequel as “a man with mysterious intentions who joins the family unit,” according to Digital Spy. Krasinski gushed about working with Murphy: “I’m still in mourning that our time has ended together as co-workers. He is, without a doubt, one of the greatest actors and people I’ve ever worked with,” Krasinski told JOE. “He is an incredibly special, special person.”
- MCU star Djimon Hounsou stepped in to replace Atlanta’s Brian Tyree Henry, who left the project due to scheduling issues.
- Krasinski confirmed that filming had wrapped on the sequel in an Instagram post from September 25. Like the first movie, it was mainly shot outside Buffalo, New York.
Paramount Pictures will release A Quiet Place: Part II in theaters on March 20, 2020.