15 -Ologists and What They Study
By Amanda Green
There's an -ologist for every subject worth studying. Now let's study -ologists!
1. Pomologists consider fruit food for thought.
2. The clock's always ticking for time-obsessed horologists.
3. Vexillologists have an unwavering fascination with flags.
4. Oologists concern themselves with eggs—and not just on a brunch menu.
5. If you're watching clouds for a living, you're a nephologist.
6. Myrmecologists drone on and on about ants.
7. Ophiologists sss-study snakes.
8. Playing video games is serious work for ludologists.
9. Speleologists are immersed in cave research.
10. If you can't see the forest for the trees, consider becoming a dendrologist and studying them.
11. Dendrochronologists are even more specialized, limiting their treesearch to growth rings.
12. People who theorize about death, the afterlife, and judgment go by a lot of names. But the technical one is eschatologist.
13. Bromatologists like to have their cake (or other food) and study it, too.
14. Watch out: Pharologists light up at the mention of lighthouse structures and signals.
15. Cereologists investigate crop circles, not Froot Loops.