Smartphones always seem to reach low power at the least convenient moments possible. If you've ever urged your device to charge faster in the minutes before a phone interview or when you're about to board a plane, you can relate. While the easiest way to avoid this scenario is to plug in your device before the battery dips into the danger zone, if you've already reached this point, there are simple ways to speed up the charging process.
Some hacks for charging a phone faster involve steps you can take in anticipation of the next time you're surviving on minimum energy. Certain gadgets, like special chargers and battery packs, will power-up your device more efficiently than others. For moments when your phone is dying and all you have is your regular charging cable, adjusting your phone's settings to minimize the power it consumes also works in a pinch.
You can find some specific ways to charge your phone quickly below:
- Plug it into a wall outlet instead of a USB port.
- Use a portable battery pack.
- Buy a special "fast" phone charger.
- Switch to low power mode.
- Switch to airplane mode.
- Let your phone drain completely on its own once a month to the extend the battery life.
- Close any background apps.
- Stop automatic app updates.
- Don't check your phone while it's charging
- Keep your phone out of the heat.
For more tricks for making your phone usage more efficient, check out these tips for typing faster.