1. Gummy bears are certainly strange looking, and chocolate eggs are hardly seasonal for Halloween, but the oddest candy here is definitely the kernel-shaped candy corn. There are two eggs and four each of the gummies and pumpkin candy corns (all even numbers) while there is only one kernel candy corn (an odd number).
2. This question would be much easier if it was written: Which coffee is “faced” backwards? Get it now? “Decaf” is the word “faced” written in reverse.
3. While VHS and cassette tapes are out of date, they will still likely play your movies and music if you have the right equipment. One kind of tape that will never make noise is the duct tape on the cardboard box.
4. There are five eyes in this picture: The eye of Hurricane Irene, two eyes on meteorologist Meg Meyers-Reyes’s face, and two in her name as well (Meyers-Reyes).
5. Last we checked there is no Republic of Mailbox.
6. No need to tally up the postage: In this puzzle, the stamps are a red herring. Chris Hollar from North Hollywood, California, is listed as the recipient and sender of the top letter.
7. Like many of the puzzles, the trick is in the wording of the question. It doesn’t ask you to pick the “lady” with the most teeth, but rather “the one.” The comb has more teeth than any of the smiling beauties.
8. You could go crazy trying to decipher how these folders are organized (they’re not alphabetical or color-coded), and to little avail. The answer is folder B, because that’s the only letter not in the word “order.”
Look sharp! Feed your brain every Wednesday by watching Idiotest’s all-new season at 8/7c on Game Show Network.