1. The Beatles were so used to being screamed at by teenyboppers that the noise hardly ______ them.
2. My manager gave me free ______ to plan the office holiday party.
3. Mordor is ______ from The Shire than from Rohan, but that makes no difference to the Eye of Sauron.
4. Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’ really runs the ______ of emotions, from joy to sadness to anger.
5. The ______ judge made her decision based only on the facts of the case, not her own preexisting opinions.
6. Basketball star Troy Bolton ______ social convention when he decided to try out for the school musical.
7. His marriage proposal—which involved a flash mob, a skywriter, and a new puppy—was the opposite of ______.
8. At the end of each 'Game of Thrones' episode was a sneak ______ at next week’s episode.
9. The alphabet is ______ of 26 letters.
10. A good way to ______ change is to stage a peaceful protest.
11. After years of evading prosecution, the disgraced politician finally got his just ______.
12. The roads were so ______ that we all felt slightly carsick by the end of the drive.
Answers: 1:A; 2:B; 3:A; 4:B; 5:A; 6:B; 7:B; 8:B; 9:B; 10:B; 11:A; 12:A