Hauntingly Beautiful Photos of 10 Abandoned Amusement Parks
Photographer Seph Lawless—known for his work with abandoned malls—has now turned his lens on abandoned amusement parks, which he chose to photograph at sunset or right on the cusp of a thunderstorm. The dilapidated parks, with their chipped paint and over-grown shrubbery, have an eerie intrigue. You might not want to be caught in them after dark.
You can see all of Lawless' abandoned park photos in his upcoming book, Bizarro: The World's Most Hauntingly Beautiful Abandoned Theme Parks. If you like what you see, you can follow the artist on Facebook and Twitter.
1. Abandoned Wizard of Oz theme park // North Carolina
2. Abandoned Geauga Lake Amusement Park // Aurora, Ohio
3. Abandoned Chippewa Lake theme Park // Ohio
4. Abandoned Six Flags Amusement Park // New Orleans
(That was a close one!)
5. Spreepark // Berlin, Germany
6. Enchanted Forest Playland // Southern U.S. (Undisclosed location)
7. Joyland // Kansas
8. Funtime Amusement Park and Zoo // Indiana
9. Shawnee Amusement Park // West Virginia
10. Dogpatch USA // Arkansas
All photos from 'Bizarro: The World's Most Hauntingly Beautiful Abandoned Theme Parks.'