Can You Match the Famous Garden to the Movie It's From?
On days when you don't feel like leaving the house, movies can be a great way to escape to new environments. If some of your favorite forests, gardens, and other green spaces exist in the fictional worlds of cinema, this fun series of brainteasers is for you.
Inspired by minimalist movie posters, each image in this collection from the UK garden retailer Hayes Garden World shows an iconic green space from film. A wide range of genres and settings are represented, from a horror hedge maze to a children's fantasy land. Some pictures include hints like silhouettes and objects from the movie, while others are vague enough to stump even die-hard fans.
See if you can guess the movie titles behind each of the 10 graphics below in less than five minutes. If you want to give yourself an added challenge, try figuring out the name of the green spaces that are depicted. Once you think you've beaten the brainteaser (or you give up), check your answers using the list beneath the pictures at the bottom of the page. Here are even more puzzles to give your brain some exercise.
- The Forbidden Forest // Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban
- Castle Garden // Edward Scissorhands
- Fountains Abbey, Yorkshire // The Secret Garden
- The Flowers // Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland
- Willy Wonka’s Garden // Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Stokesay Court Fountain // Atonement
- Savannah History Museum Garden // Forrest Gump
- The Fig Tree // Pan’s Labyrinth
- Hedge Maze // The Shining
- Stourhead Garden // Pride and Prejudice