The 20 Most Memorable Advertising Jingles of All Time
Since Wheaties first enticed radio listeners to try its cereal through song in 1927, jingles have been an important advertising tool. They may not be as prevalent today as they were 60 years ago, but the catchy melodies are still around. The ear-worms likely take up more space in your brain than you realize—just try reading through the top 20 most memorable jingles of all time without singing along.
Quality Logo Products put together the list below after asking 735 U.S. residents about their impressions of 67 famous jingles. The "Nationwide is on your side" tune used by the insurance company tops the roundup, with 92.6 percent of survey respondents saying they recognized it.
Sometimes, the simplest songs make the biggest impact. McDonald's “Ba-da-ba-ba-baaa… I’m lovin’ it” ditty and the iconic "Riiiicolaa!" call from the cough drop brand place second and third on the list, respectively.
Not every lasting impression a jingle leaves is a positive one. Liberty Mutual's repetitive tune comes in 20th place for most remembered, and first in both most hated and most annoying.
You can check out the full list below. After reading through the round-up, take a trip down memory lane with these retro commercials.
- "Nationwide is on your side" // Nationwide Insurance
- "Ba-da-ba-ba-baaa ... I'm lovin' it" // McDonald's
- "Riiiicolaaa!" // Ricola cough drops
- "Snap! Crackle! Pop! Rice Krispies" // (Kellogg's Rice Krispies)
- "They're magically delicious!" // Lucky Charms
- "Uh-oh! Spaghetti-O's!" // Campbell's Spaghetti-O's
- "Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there" // State Farm Insurance
- "Mm-mm, good. Mm-mm, good" // Campbell's Soup
- "Gimme a break ... break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar" // Kit Kat
- "I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us kid" // Toys R Us
- "Every kiss begins with K" // Kay Jewelers
- "Ch-ch-ch-chia!" // Chia Pet
- "I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ..." // Chili's
- "Mommy, wow! I'm a big kid now" // Huggies
- "The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup" // Folgers
- "Be all that you can be" // U.S. Army
- "What would you do-oooo for a Klondike Bar?" // Klondike ice cream bars
- "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man" // Ace Hardware
- "Clap on! Clap off" // The Clapper
- "Liberty, Liberty, Liberty ... Liberty!" // Liberty Mutual Insurance