11 Timeless Yogi Berra Quotes
The great Yogi Berra—a 10-time World Series champion and three-time MVP—was one of baseball's best catchers, but he's remembered just as much for his wit and wisdom as his Hall of Fame career. Here are some of the quotes attributed to Yogi (who was born on May 12, 1925), even if he didn't always say them first.
1. "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours."
2. "The future ain't what it used to be." (Yogi later clarified, saying, "I just meant that times are different. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.")
3. "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
4. "It ain't over 'til it's over."
5. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." (See Quote Investigator)
6. "Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded." (See Quote Investigator)
7. "We have a good time together, even when we're not together."
8. "It's déjà vu all over again." (See Quote Investigator)
9. "Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."
10. "I really didn't say everything I said."
11. "Then again, I might have said 'em, but you never know."