Don't let the dead of winter get you down: February has all kinds of offbeat reasons to party hard.
1. FEBRUARY 1: NATIONAL CANDY-MAKING DAY
We're not the boss of this holiday, but we're pretty sure you can celebrate with good old fashioned candy eating.
2. FEBRUARY 2: HEDGEHOG DAY
It might technically be Groundhog Day, but just look at this cuddly creature. He also needs celebrating.
3. FEBRUARY 3: WORKING NAKED DAY
A PSA on behalf of everyone: If you plan on participating, please stay home.
4. FEBRUARY 6: NATIONAL BARBER DAY
A holiday to honor those who keep men looking presentable, and hipsters looking like hipsters.
5. FEBRUARY 7: WAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AT YOUR NEIGHBORS DAY
In other words, consider actually interacting with the people that live nearby, whether across the street or in the apartment below you. We know it's asking a lot—be brave!
6. FEBRUARY 11: SATISFIED STAYING SINGLE DAY
Why have a significant other when you can have an awesome solo dance party like this?
7. FEBRUARY 13: GET A DIFFERENT NAME DAY
If you're called Phil, but you always wanted to be named something a little more flowery (say Barnaby), or unusual (how about Pilot Inspektor?), or hip (hello, Noah), today's the day to take the plunge and give yourself a new moniker.
8. FEBRUARY 13: MADLY IN LOVE WITH ME DAY
On the eve of Valentine's Day, take some time to love you.
9. FEBRUARY 13: NATIONAL WINGMAN’S DAY
Also on the eve of Valentine's Day, take some time to love the men and women who make our dating regrets possible.
10. FEBRUARY 14: EXTRATERRESTRIAL CULTURE DAY
On the most romantic day of the year, this New Mexico holiday asks that you redirect your ardor to the alien culture of past, present, and future. Sounds sexy to us.
11. FEBRUARY 20: NORTHERN HEMISPHERE HOODIE-HOO DAY
On this day, residents of the Northern Hemisphere take to the streets at noon, toss their hands in the air, and exclaim, "Hoodie Hoo!" It's meant to chase away winter, and while it might sound ineffectual, we challenge you to come up with a better idea.
12. FEBRUARY 23: CURLING IS COOL DAY
As if anyone needed convincing.
13. FEBRUARY 23: NATIONAL CHILI DAY
With about a month to go until spring, be sure to enjoy some piping hot bowls while it's still prime chili season.
14. FEBRUARY 25: OPEN THAT BOTTLE NIGHT
Whether it's that one you've been saving or one that you grabbed on your trip home from work, today's a good day to pop a bottle.
15. FEBRUARY 28: NATIONAL TOOTH FAIRY DAY
Smile wide and celebrate everyone's favorite tooth collector.
Holidays found in Chase's Calendar of Events 2017. All photos courtesy of iStock.